Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You're crazy.

My Grandpa Harold Clerc, joined my Grandpa Tader and Jordans Grandpa Simpson today in Heaven. All within a year of each other. Sitting here thinking about how "unfair" this all seems, makes me start thinking about this past year.

If last year at this time you were to tell me that my life would be about 98% different by one year, my response would be - yeah right.

If you were to tell me that in a year I would:
Start and quit cosmetology school, I'd say- No way.

That I'd have a little nephew that would fill my heart with more love than I can imagine, I'd say- I'm excited, but it can't really be THAT good...

That within 11 months, Jordan and I would lose all of our grandpas. I'd say- That's not possible, and NOT going to happen!

If you told me last year that this is the year I'm getting engaged, I'd say- Psshh.. yeah right. That'd be too amazing.

If you told me last year that within a year I'd go through 3 jobs and STILL not know what I want to go to school for, I'd say- That's nonsense.

For real. If you told me all of that, I'd simply say: You're Crazy.

Well. Here I am. A year later.
Not in school, have an amazing nephew who has my whole heart, Jordan and I have lost all of our Grandpas, I'm getting married in three months, and I work full time at a daycare.
Life has thrown at me some pretty insane stuff this past year. Some great, some terrible, and some in between. But I can honestly say that I have learned so much in this year. I have learned that even when things seem to be the worst possible, I can give it all to God and he can provide peace when I least expect it. I have learned that death is horrible and beautiful all at the same time. I miss my amazing grandfathers so much it hurts. Yet I know they aren't hurting, and they're all together in Heaven. And I'll get to party with them and Jesus someday!!
I have learned that my fiance will be there for me no matter what. There is not a doubt in my mind that God made Jordan Seifert to be my husband.
Family will always be there for each other. And our love is our strength during hard times.
God is good.


1 comment:

  1. life is pretty crazy. we never know what God has in store for our future, but we know that He is with us through it all. praying for you and your family. love you, becca.

    ReplyDelete